Hello Friends and delightful followers of Bella Vista,
Happy New Year!
I apologize deeply for my abandonment of this darling brain-child of mine over the last few weeks (months? EEEEK!!) as I have been CRAZY BUSY.
Ironically, after I write a post about my boring life, things begin to get seriously fun! It seems everyone took that Patron comment seriously.
Christmas was full of amazing new things and cool new people, and my grandmother made a mind-blowing cake (think hazelnut Pavlova on steroids) that could be quite possibly worth becoming fat for.Then New Years Eve was hectic, and work started back even more hectic. And, naturally, there’s that damn boy who is taking up all my time.
Ha ha ha, he he he. You’ll find out soon enough.
Anyway, 2013 for me is a year of new experiences. I am about to start university, have a fabulous new job, am planning a trip to Japan AND Peru and so many wonderful big things to look forward to.
So before things ramp up I am focusing on the little things.
Taking time for the everyday, the small things that make me happy.
Here’s what is making me smile
- Tea. In a teapot. Milk and honey. Heaven.
- Giving hugs. Not a random brushaway hugs that you can’t remember afterwards, but big, conscious ones. Mum, Dad, best friend, the guy at the coffee shop. Who cares, everyone loves a hug.
- Long walks on the beach. It isn’t about fitness, it’s about health. Going by yourself just to wander. Appreciating the beauty, clearing my mind. Barefoot along the beach with the sand between my toes. Bliss.
- Flirting. Not with anyone and everyone – you must choose your people wisely. But flirting is the most entertaining pastime of all time. Go. Flirt. Smile.
- Drinking French champagne. Yeah, no need to say more. It should always be French.
- Tipping. Just emptying my wallet of coins. It is so easy.
- Cleaning out my handbag/shoe collection/wardrobe/make-up drawer.
- Reading the newspaper, cover the cover, instead of just glancing at the first few pages. It really helps slow things down.
- New underwear. So many pairs of seriously sexy underwear. And underwear models. Working at Underwear of Sweden does have it’s perks!!!!
What’s making you happy in the New Year? Leave a comment for love <3